1. Most DX Cluster screens show you every Spot, as it arrives. Spot after Spot... DxCandy shows you a list of DXcalls being spotted.
2. Col1 lists all the DXcalls being spotted at the moment. Click one to ‘hold’ it in col3.
3. HOVER the cursor over a DXcall (in col1 or col2) to see a pop-up list of Spots.
4. At busy times, col1/2 are always changing, it can be hard to follow. HOLD one DXcall in col3 - by clicking it in col1/2.
5. Items in col1 with the pink shading are the DxCandy Selection, ‘sweet spots’, These seem the most interesting. These items are collected into col2.
6. Activity on 10 / 12 / 15M is flagged in col1, the 'Band' field is highlighted yellow.
7. DxCandy holds back the list of Spots until you want it. You focus on the DX.
8. Your feedback is always welcome, and helps to guide the development.
9. Monitor col1 for a particular DXcall. Enter the DXcall in the Input Box. (The main part of the call, not any prefix/suffix).
10. Click a DXcall in col1 or col2 to see the Spots in col3.
11. Use col1 the Input Box to search for characters in a DXcall, or in Spotter comments.
12. Col1 Input Box. Search for exact match on a DXcall PREFIX with ‘xxx/’ (‘xxx’ can be any characters). e.g. ‘lx/’ finds calls LX/.......
13. Col1 Input Box. Any Search matches will be flagged (col1) by highlighting the DXcall field with a darker shade. The Input Box will also be highlighted.
14. HOVER over a DXcall anytime to see a pop-up list of Spots.
15. Col1 Input Box. Search for exact match on a DXcall SUFFIX with ‘/xxx’ (‘xxx’ can be any characters). e.g. ‘/mm’ finds Maritime Mobiles.
16. Col1 Input Box. Find a match on the FRONT characters of a DXcall with ‘xxx*’ (‘xxx’ can be any characters). e.g. ‘ZD8*’ for home calls on Ascension Island. (main call, not prefix/suffix)
17. Find a match on the END characters of a DXcall with ‘*xxx’ (‘xxx’ can be any characters). Use to find Special Event stations e.g. ‘*rac’ found DXcalls activating the RAC Canada 150 Award (VE1RAC, VY2RAC, VO2RAC..). (main call, not prefix/suffix)
18. Col2 is a list of DXcalls currently being spotted that seem to be the ‘most interesting’. Pouncers - check this first!
19. VISUAL ALERT. Any Search matches on the most recent data (<5m) will be flagged (col1) in red. The Input Box will also be highlighted red.
20. Search all spotter COMMENTS via the Input Box. Prefix the search string with a tilde (~). So enter ‘~xxx’ (where ‘xxx’ can be any characters). Hits will highlight the DXcall field.
21. DXcalls calling CQ are highlighted in col2, the ‘Call’ field has a darker shade.
22. The level of interest. Col2 items have a vertical bar on the left. This tells you the number of Spots for that DXcall.
23. Some DXcalls have info on DX‑News. In col2, the icon on the right of each item is a direct link to the article.
24. Col3 ‘holds’ a single DXcall. No matter what spots are coming in, the same DXcall is kept in col3.
25. The DXcall ‘held’ in Col3 is whatever you clicked in col1/col2. (or the DXcall at the top of the list in col2.)
26. To stop holding a DXcall in col3, click the vertical bar icon to the right of the DXcall. Col3 will then show the default (from the top of col2).
27. To change the DXcall held in col3, click on a different DXcall in col1/2.
28. When you hold a DXcall in col3, that DXcall is highlighted (in blue) in all columns.
29. In EU mode, col1 flags all DXcalls spotted from NW Europe with a thin red bar to the left of the Location field. Col2 lists them separately.
30. Col2 has a VARIABLE TIMESPAN. At busy times, the whole column might cover just 2-3 minutes. When quiet, the time window increases, perhaps 30 mins.
31. The DxCandy Selection (col2) of ‘most interesting’ ranges from exotic DX to nearby SES.
32. DXcalls in col2 with a high level of spots (LHS vertical bar) = PILE-UP!
33. Watch DxCandy on your Android device with no display timeout. Google ‘android developer options display sleep’
34. This site is under ongoing development, exploring options. Please share your thoughts.